About Vietnam Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance for Vietnam: Vietnam is the most beautiful Southeast Asian country located in the South Vietnam Sea. Insanely diverse landscapes, crystal clear beaches, and UNESCO heritages invite all kinds of travelers across the world to explore this offbeat destination. Despite tumultuous historic past, this country of “Ascending Dragon” back with a bang on Southeast Asian travel list. It is culturally rich with amiable paddy fields, venerable pagodas, limestone islands, vast caves, and steep mountains. Its sumptuous cuisine and vibrant nightlife impress the most and add more fun to your trip. Excelling every day towards a better future, Vietnam has no shortage of excitement. So, don’t wait! Book your flights, buy Vietnam travel insurance, and get ready to enjoy the mellow experience.
Is Vietnam Travel Insurance Mandatory?
It is essential to opt for international travel insurance to enjoy your trip without nerves and worries. However, it is not mandatory to get Vietnam travel insurance to get the visa to travel to Vietnam. But, it’s always good to travel safely. Whether you are planning to visit Vietnam for tourism, business, or study purposes, a travel insurance plan protects you against a wide swath of scenarios that can pop up during your journey.
Quick Facts about Vietnam
331,212 square kilometers
Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Long Bay, Hoi An
World Heritage Sites
7 sites declared by UNESCO
63, Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoan Kiem Distt, Hanoi
Explore - Vietnam Travel Insurance Plan
From exploring HaLong Bay to swimming, kayaking, and climbing, there are a plethora of things you can do in Vietnam. It is a travelers’ paradise that gives you glorious experience. The floating markets, pancake-flat rice lands, dragonflies, gorgeous golden beaches, exquisite seafood, and enchanting caves inspire you to witness the beauty of this amazing country on Earth. But like other Asian countries, Vietnam is also not immune to tour scams, crime, pollution, illnesses, and infections. Thus, it’s wise to opt for Religare international travel insurance plans for Vietnam. Our travel plans cover unexpected and exorbitant medical and non- medical costs that you may incur in Vietnam due to any untoward event. You can avail our travel plans online easily. You just need to enter your details and get the quote. We offer you travel plans with maximum coverage at affordable premiums and global acceptance. Here you can explore our International Travel Insurance plan for Vietnam.
What is covered in Vietnam Travel Insurance Plan?
Here we have listed all the major Medical and Non-medical benefits covered in the Vietnam travel insurance policy.
Medical Benefits of Vietnam Travel Insurance:
- Emergency hospitalization: This cover bears the expenses for both in and out-patient treatment in an emergency.
- Cashless hospitalization: You will get immediate cashless hospitalization in any pre-approved hospitals in Vietnam in case of medical emergencies.
- Pre-existing diseases: Vietnam Travel Insurance Plan will provide 10 percent sum insured for the treatment of a life-threatening condition for pre-existing diseases.
- Treatment in home country: If recommended by the doctors you require further treatment in your home country, we give you the coverage for expenses up to 30 days or up to the policy end date, whichever is earlier.
- Medical Evacuation: You get the cover of up to USD 10,000 during emergency transportation and medical evacuation to provide an appropriate medical facility to you.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: We give a lump sum amount as compensation if the insured person loses his/her life while traveling in a common carrier or public transport.
In addition, the Vietnam Travel Insurance plan also offers coverage for:
- Dental expenses as a result of injury: Up to USD 300
- Expenses of the personal accident: Up to USD 15,000
- Repatriation of mortal remains: Up to USD 10,000
- Expenses for out-patient care: Up to 20 percent of the Sum Insured
- Daily Allowance: USD 25 per day, maximum 5 days
- 2-way compassionate visit for an immediate family member
- Accidental Death/Permanent Total Disability
Non-medical Benefits of Vietnam Travel Insurance:
- Trip Delay, Cancellation or Interruption: You will get a cover of up to USD 500 in case of trip delay and a cover of USD 1,000 in case of trip cancellation or interruption.
- Loss of Passport & Checked-In Baggage: For loss of checked-in baggage or delay of checked-in baggage, you are entitled to get up to USD 100. In case of loss of passport, the plan offers a cover of up to USD 300.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: This is our unique feature. Under this cover, if you remain hospitalized for more than five consecutive days and need to be back in the home country, then up-gradation from economy to business class is provided. You will receive coverage of USD 1,000 under the international travel insurance policy for Vietnam.
- No Maximum Age Limit: Vietnam travel insurance plan has no maximum entry age limit. We can cover even 1-day old children as well.
- Other Covers: We provide assistance in case of loss of passport or important document and financial crunch.
What is Not Covered in Vietnam Travel Insurance Plan?
Comprehensive travel insurance provides you the maximum coverage against all your travel risks. However, there are some situations guided by IRDA that are considered as exclusions, and no claim is provided for the same. Check below our exclusion list:
- Treatment costs of diseases such as HIV/AIDS/other transmitted diseases.
- Treatment expenses incurred due to adventure sports, hazardous activity, the influence of drugs, or alcohol, or consequences of war/nuclear perils.
- Costs incurred due to exposure to ionizing radiation or contamination.
- Expenses occurred due to the treatment of self-inflicted injury, suicide, etc.
- Any liability related to any professional services offered by the insured.
- Expenses incurred by engaging in business activities.
- Costs incurred due to ownership of any aircraft, watercraft, motor vehicle, etc.
- Personal liability of the insured towards another individual (whether personal, official, or commercial).
- Costs incurred due to wrongful detention, false arrest, wrongful eviction, defamation, or mental trauma and shock resulting from such situations.
- Costs incurred due to encroachment of intellectual property rights like patent, copyright, and trademark.
- Liability related to possession of animals, insects, birds, and reptiles, and their by-products.
- Expenses arising due to Breach of Law.
Eligibility for Vietnam Travel Insurance
- Tourist and family
Our travel insurance plans are pocket-friendly. You can get them at very affordable premiums that do not overburden your travel budget. The actual amount of the premium is subjected to the number of travelers, age, traveling country, trip duration, and the type of coverage selected.
Advantages of Overseas Vietnam Travel Insurance?
We offer you a wide coverage against medical and non-medical emergencies that may occur during your visit to Vietnam. Our overseas travel insurance policies are accepted by authorities worldwide. Take a look at the advantages of our Vietnam Travel Insurance plans.
- Maximum Coverage
- Minimal Exclusions
- Affordable Premium
- Emergency Cashless Hospitalization
- Repatriation To Home Country
- Emergency Transportation And Medical Evacuation
- Financial Assistance In Case Of Emergency
- Quick Claim Settlement Ratio
- Assistance In Case Of Loss Of Passport
- Trip Delay And Cancellation Reimbursement
- 24x7 Customer Support Service
Places to Visit in Vietnam
- Hanoi: It serves you with vivacious colors of Vietnam’s city life. It is a capital city famous for its Ho Chi Minh Museum, Hoan Kiem Lake, The One Pillar Pagoda, and The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long. A buzz of motorbikes, red-roofed tube-houses, and delicious street food serves you Vietnamese delicacies.
- Ho Chi Minh City: A metropolis of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City has some famous tourist places like The Notre Dame Cathedral, The History Museum, The Jade Emperor Pagoda, and the city’s ChinaTown. You can also go to Ben Thanh market to taste the Vietnam street food.
- Ha Long Bay: This place is well-known for its dramatic islands and fascinating caves. You can swim in the green water and can enjoy scuba diving, rock climbing, hiking, and capture the marvelous natural beauty of Vietnam.
- Hoi An: This riverside city has its legacy. The Cham Museum, old merchants' houses, the Phuoc Kien assembly hall, Phung Hung House, Japanese covered bridge, and a Bang beach are some of the eye-catching places in Hội An.
Things to Do in Vietnam
- Simple Vietnamese cuisine: Vietnamese cuisine is simple yet cannot be a miss. Pho, the simple staple (local diet) has a broth, fresh rice noodles with herbs and meat are on the top of the list. After that, you should also taste Cha ca, Banh xeo, Cao Lau, Rau Muong, and Nem ran.
- Shopping: From the floating market to grand showrooms, malls, and street markets, you can shop from anywhere in Vietnam. Handicrafts, jewelry, clothes, bamboo items, and souvenirs are the items you can buy at reasonable prices.
- Fun activities: Cruise tour, caves exploration, floating market, homestay with locals, and motorbiking are some fun activities that you can do in Vietnam.
- Adventure Sports: You can enjoy several adventure sports in Vietnam. Trekking, Cycling, Scuba diving, rock climbing, and sandboarding add thrills to your trip.
Quick Travel Tips
- Opt for right international travel insurance to travel safely
- Get all your booking done in advance
- Check the weather and shop accordingly for Vietnam travel wardrobe
- Use public transportation to explore Vietnam It’s easy, safe and reasonable
- Take a walking tour according to the city map
- Must go to the floating market
- Speak English people understand it easily
- Do not carry expensive items such as jewelry, laptop, and camera
Vietnam is a relatively safe country to travel to. Vietnamese are welcoming and helpful. But, the crime rate is on the rise in the country, and medical treatment cost is also high. Therefore, it’s wise to opt for Vietnam travel insurance that keeps you away from the frustration of paying the unexpected hefty amount over your travel budget and enables you to enjoy awe-inspiring holidays in Vietnam.
Other Travel Insurance Plans