About Switzerland Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance for Switzerland: A paradise on earth, Switzerland is a landlocked mountainous country located in South-Central Europe. This heart-racing Alpine land with ravishing landscapes shares its borders with Germany, France, Austria, and Liechtenstein. As it is a Schengen country, there is no escape from Switzerland travel insurance. Therefore, opt for the right travel insurance for Switzerland to experience the amazing Switzerland vibes.
Is Switzerland Travel Insurance Mandatory?
Yes, Switzerland is one of the Schengen countries, and Switzerland travel insurance is mandatory for all the foreign nationals, including Indians, to get the travel insurance for Schengen Visa. It allows you to travel visa-free in Schengen countries and also protects you in case of any medical or non-medical emergency that you can encounter during your stay in any of the Swiss cities.
Quick Facts about Switzerland
41, 285 square kilometers
Swiss- German, French and Italian
Zurich, Geneva, Lucerne, Bern, and Zermatt
Kirchenfeldstrasse 28, CH-3005 Berne, Switzerland
Phone number: 0041 31 350 11 30/ 0041 31 350 11 39
Consular Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Number: 0041 31 351 15 57
Explore - Switzerland Travel Insurance Plan
The splendid alpine mountains, turquoise blue lakes, and picturesque landscapes, Switzerland serves you with all the delicacies that you have ever fanaticized. Modern restaurants, hotels with flower gardens, and cafes with live music retreat you. It is a safe country to travel to. But, you should take precautions because there are the chances you may fall sick due to freezing weather in the cities nearby Alpine line. You can also get skin allergies due to extreme cold, and medical treatment costs are pretty high there. Chances of accidents cannot be denied due to windy mountainous roads. You can opt for Switzerland travel insurance to travel safely. It covers your maximum travel risks and reimburses your expenses for medical and non-medical emergencies. These international travel insurance plans are available online. Our travel insurance advisors provide you the right quote with the right travel insurance cover at affordable premiums. Here you can explore our Switzerland travel insurance plan.
What is Covered in Switzerland Travel Insurance Plan?
Here we have listed all the major Medical and Non-medical benefits covered in Switzerland travel insurance policy.
Medical Benefits of Switzerland Travel Insurance:
- Emergency hospitalization: Switzerland Travel Insurance bears the expenses for both in and out-patient treatment in an emergency.
- Cashless hospitalization: You will get immediate cashless hospitalization in any pre-approved hospitals in Switzerland in case of medical emergencies.
- Pre-existing diseases: Switzerland travel insurance plan provides sum insured for treatment of a life-threatening condition for pre-existing diseases.
- Treatment in home country: If recommended by the doctors you require further treatment in your home country, we give you the coverage for expenses up to 30 days or up to the policy end date, whichever is earlier.
- Medical Evacuation: If required you can get emergency transportation for medical evacuation to provide the appropriate medical facilities.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death: We give a lump sum amount as compensation if the insured person loses his/her life while traveling in a common carrier or public transport.
Non-Medical Benefits of Switzerland Travel Insurance:
- Trip Delay, Cancellation or Interruption: You will get a cover in case of trip delay and in case of trip cancellation or interruption.
- Loss of Passport & Checked-In Baggage: You are entitled to reimbursement in case of loss of checked-in baggage or delay of checked-in baggage.
- Up-gradation to Business Class: This is our unique feature. Under this cover, if you remain hospitalized for more than five consecutive days and need to be back in the home country, then up-gradation from economy to business class is provided.
- No Maximum Age Limit- There is no maximum entry age limit for buying our travel insurance. We can cover even 1-day old child as well.
- Other Covers- We provide assistance in case of loss of passport or important document.
What is Not Covered in Switzerland Travel Insurance Plan?
Switzerland travel insurance plan provides you the maximum coverage against all your travel risks. However, there are some situations guided by IRDA that are considered as exclusions, and no claim is provided for the same. Check below our exclusion list:
- Treatment costs of diseases such as HIV/AIDS/other transmitted diseases.
- Treatment expenses incurred due to adventure sports, hazardous activity, the influence of drugs, or alcohol, or consequences of war/nuclear perils.
- Costs incurred due to exposure to ionizing radiation or contamination.
- Expenses occurred due to the treatment of self-inflicted injury, suicide, etc.
- Any liability related to any professional services offered by the insured.
- Expenses incurred by engaging in business activities.
- Costs incurred due to ownership of any aircraft, watercraft, motor vehicle, etc.
- Personal liability of the insured towards another individual (whether personal, official, or commercial).
- Costs incurred due to wrongful detention, false arrest, wrongful eviction, defamation, or mental trauma and shock resulting from such situations.
- Costs incurred due to encroachment of intellectual property rights like patent, copyright, and trademark.
- Liability related to possession of animals, insects, birds, and reptiles, and their by-products.
- Expenses arising due to Breach of Law are not covered in Switzerland Travel Insurance.
Advantages of Switzerland Travel Insurance
Enchanting Switzerland is the member country of the Schengen zone. According to the Schengen travel policies people, those who are heading towards the Schengen area need to have international travel insurance to get the Schengen visa. Now, look at the benefits of Switzerland travel insurance plan:
- Prerequisite for getting Schengen Visa
- Cover uncertain medical emergency treatment, surgery or diagnostic tests
- Cashless treatment in foreign hospitals
- Helpful in case of non-medical emergencies such as loss of passport or baggage, personal liability or accident
- Provides immediate medical evacuation
- Compensation to the nominee in case of uncertain death of the insured
- Region Specific Insurance Plans
- Multi-trip insurance for frequent flyers
How to Get a Switzerland Visa?
The Switzerland visa process is a bit time consuming but not that tough at all. You should follow the below-mentioned steps and get it done easily.
- You have to buy travel insurance for Switzerland to get the visa. It's mandatory to get medical insurance for a Schengen visa.
- Your next step, after you get Switzerland travel insurance is to fill an application form.
- Prepare a cover letter and mention your purpose of the visit and also give your travel itinerary.
- Collate related documents such as bank statement showing a minimum balance of €30,000 for the last six months, proof of civil status (birth certificates), employment contract, and income tax proof.
- Next, you have to book an appointment at least a month back for an interview to ensure the timely process of your visa.
- You have to appear for a visa interview at an embassy with the required documents. You should reach the venue on time.
- You have to pay the visa fee around INR 6000 as well. It is non-refundable.
- Be prepared to know the status. It can be accepted or rejected. Discretion to approve or disapprove your visa application lies with the embassy.
Documents Required for Switzerland Visa
Switzerland visa is obligatory to visit Schengen zone. The process is not cumbersome. You need to submit all the below-mentioned documents on time and pack your bags to enjoy your journey.
- Switzerland Travel Insurance
- Application form
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Address proof
- Employment Contract
- A valid passport
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of accommodation
- Bank account statement
- Income tax proof
Eligibility for Switzerland Travel Insurance
- Solo travelers
Insurance Premium for Switzerland Travel Insurance
We offer such overseas travel insurance plans at very affordable premiums. The actual amount of the premium is subjected to the number of travelers, age, traveling country, trip duration, and the type of coverage selected.
Places to Visit in Switzerland
- Zurich: It’s the largest lively multicultural Swiss city. You can go to riverside restaurants, upscale shops, and churches to witness the charm of this city. Lake Zurich, Swiss National Museum, Mount Pilatus, Oldtown, Opera House, and Zoo Zurich are the places that you should visit.
- Geneva: You can opt for a chocolate factory, cheese factory, and Geneva city tour when you stepped into this lakeside city. Lake Geneva- the turquoise beauty welcomes you with open arms. You can go for a ferry or cruise tour as well to admire the beauty of this huge lake.
- Lucerne: Being a small Swiss city, Lucerne has a lot to explore. Chapel Bridge, Lion Monument, Swiss Museum, and Spreuer Bridge are the major attractions of the city. You should plan one day for this city to capture the night view of the lovely architecture.
- Bern: This capital city of Switzerland is situated around the Aare River. The Zytglogge(Clock Tower), Bear Pit, The Cathedral of Bern, and the Parliament Building are the eye-catchers in the city. You can also go for a glacier trip from Bern.
- Zermatt: This small Swiss town is for skiing, climbing, and hiking. Matterhorn-an iconic mountain in Zermatt, Gornergrat-a ridge, Klein Mountain-a lofty peak, and Gornergrat Railway Station are the places that you should visit when you are in Zermatt.
>> Check Country Wise Travel Insurance Plans
Things to Do in Switzerland
Bestowed with rural beauty, medieval old towns, modern art, riverside restaurants, castles, Alpine views, Swiss cities have a lot to offer. It is one of Europe's most appealing tourist destinations. Chocolates, cowbells, cable cars, cheese makers, wine, and ancient Roman culture add stars and the moon in the beauty of this Alp country. So, what are you waiting for you? Get ready to capture the aesthetic views of famous Lake Geneva with snow-covered Swiss Alps in the background.
- Taste the Fresh Swiss cuisine: A mixture of German, French and Italian, Swiss cuisine serves you with fresh culinary. Cheese fondue, Raclette, Älplermagronen, Rösti, Swiss chocolate, and Swiss wine are must-try when you are in Switzerland.
- Shopping in Switzerland: Shopping is equally fascinating in Switzerland. Watches and chocolates are the specialties, and you find several options. You can also buy Cuckoo Clock, art pieces, and chocolates as the souvenir.
- Fun activities: Paddleboarding, boating, skydiving, wine & cheese tasting, cable car riding, and kayaking are some of the fun activities that you must do in Switzerland.
- Adventure Sports: If you are an adventure sports lover, then Switzerland never disappoints you. Skiing, rock climbing, and paragliding are adventure sports that you can enjoy in the Alpine mountains.
- Cheese, Chocolate, and Wine Tour: You can either opt for a self- guided tour or hire a guide for Cheese, Chocolate, and Wine Tour. See how cheese, chocolates, and wine are made. Also, get to know the history of these Swiss products and how they have become so popular worldwide.
Quick Travel Tips
- Opt for Schengen travel insurance to travel safely
- Get all your booking done in advance
- Check the weather and shop accordingly for Switzerland travel wardrobe
- Use public transportation to explore Switzerland. It's easy, safe and reasonable.
- Take a walking tour according to the city map
- Try fresh cheese, chocolates and wine
- Plan your stoppage near to lakes of Switzerland
- Speak English people understand it easily
From history to entertainment, this country hosts everything that you can frame in your Swiss memories forever. Explore this city of Romance with your beloved and stay protected with Switzerland travel insurance. It helps you in untoward situations and supports you in a financial crunch, wherever you go to Switzerland for an unforgettable experience.