Terms and conditions of use
The following terms and conditions of use shall govern your use of the website www.religarehealthinsurance.com and all other URLs forming part thereof (hereinafter referred to as “the Sites”). The Sites are owned and managed by Religare Health Insurance Company Limited incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 (hereinafter referred to as “us or we “in the first person and or as “Religare Health Insurance” wherever the context so requires). These terms and conditions of use form the entirety of any express or implied contract that may or may be deemed to exist between us and you.
Religare Health Insurance uses the technology known as "cookies" to track usage patterns, traffic trends and user behaviour, as well as to record other information from the website. For certain services provided on this website, cookies allow Religare Health Insurance and/or its group companies/affiliates to save information locally so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit. Many content adjustments and customer service improvements are made based on the data derived from cookies. The information we collect from cookies will not be used to create profiles of users and will only be used in aggregate form.
If the User uses any of the sharing features that may be offered by this Site, the User’s friend's email address will not be retained on Religare Health Insurance Website or used in any way by Religare Health Insurance or its group companies/affiliates.
Religare Health Insurance reserves the right to change the terms, conditions and notices under which the Sites are offered, including but not limited to the charges, if any, associated with the use of the Sites. It shall be the sole responsibility of the user to regularly review these terms and conditions. The user’s continued use of the Site shall constitute his/her/its acceptance of any such changes to this policy.
Termination/ Access restriction
Religare Health Insurance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to any or all Sites and the related services or any part or portion thereof, at any time, without notice.
Materials provided by you
Religare Health Insurance does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to Religare Health Insurance (including registration data, feedback, suggestions etc) or post, upload, input or submit to any of the Sites or its associated services (“Submissions”). However by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submissions, you are granting Religare Health Insurance and its group companies/affiliates the use of your Submissions in connection with the operation of their businesses including publishing your name in connection with your Submissions. While Religare Health Insurance agrees not to use or sell identifiable data contained in your Submissions, it shall have the exclusive right to use, transfer or otherwise deal with compiled data in any manner Religare Health Insurance deems fit.
These Terms and Conditions of use are governed by the laws of India. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Delhi, India for all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Sites. Settlement of disputes shall be through the process of Arbitration governed by The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 including any amendment thereof.
Additional terms and conditions of proposal form:
1. You are submitting this proposal (after having read, understood and accepted the brochure/ prospectus/ sales literature/ terms and conditions of the Policy as available on the Company’s website) and declare and confirm that all the statements made by you herein/ documents submitted, if any, are complete and accurate and you have complied with the need to disclose all the material facts for considering your proposal which shall be the basis of contract with the Company.
2. Receipt of proposal form by the Company shall not be construed as acceptance of proposal. You hereby agree that the insurance coverage under the policy will commence only on realization of full premium and on receipt of complete medical reports (wherever applicable) and subject to individual underwriting approval by the Company. The company at its sole discretion reserves the right to accept or reject or load any proposal without assigning any reason thereof.
3. You understand that the Policy shall become void at the Company’s option, in the event of any untrue or incorrect statement, misrepresentation, non-description or non-disclosure of any material fact, in the proposal form/personal statement, declaration and connected documents or any material information having been withheld by you or anyone acting on your behalf.
4. You hereby declare that the lives proposed to be insured would submit to medical examinations by the nominated doctors of the Company or undergo diagnostic or other medical tests, as suggested by the Company for its underwriting.
5. You consent to and authorize the Company and /or any of its authorized representatives to seek medical information from any hospital/medical practitioner or any other related entity that you have attended or may attend in future concerning any disease or illness or injury.
6. You consent to provide a valid age proof and identity proof at the time of claims or any other time when required by the company.
7. You agree and undertake to convey to any change/alteration carried out in the risk proposed for insurance after submission of this proposal form.
8. You consent to receive information from the Company through hard copy documents and electronic or telecommunication mediums from time to time.
9. If at a later stage it is found that any of the members proposed for insurance is also covered under any other health insurance policy of the Company then the Company will have absolute right to cancel the policy issued later, ab-initio, without any liability under such cancelled policy. The Company may process the refund of entire premium of such cancelled policy/policies. However, The Company may deduct costs of medical tests, if any.
10. You understand and agree that by submitting this proposal, on behalf of the person to be insured, through the Company’s website we are bound by such statements/ disclosures of the material facts in the same manner and to the same extent as if we have signed and submitted a written proposal to the Company.
11. You authorize the Company to use and disclose any personal information collected or available with the Company (whether obtained in this proposal or otherwise) to underwriting companies, claims investigation companies/agencies/service providers/assistance companies/any statutory body and insurance/re-insurance companies for the purpose of processing this proposal form and providing subsequent services.
12. You authorize the Company to exchange, share or part with the information relating to my contact details and information with other Religare Group companies as may be required and you will not hold the Company or any other group company of Religare and their agents liable for use of this information.
13. I confirm that all premiums will be paid from bonafide sources and that the premium is being paid from my credit card /debit card/internet bank account; and I am in compliance with the Regulation 3(d) of the IRDA (Manner of Receipt of Premium) Regulations, 2002.
Additional Terms and conditions for Quote:
1. The premium calculated above is on the basis of the information provided by you in the Proposal form with respect to all the Persons to be insured and is subject to the underwriting decision of the Company and the actual premium &/or the Sum Insured may vary consequent to the assessment of risk after underwriting.
2. The above information must be read in conjunction with the sales brochure and policy document.
3. Tax Benefits would be available as per the prevailing Income Tax laws.
4. GST has been levied as per applicable Tax laws.
Prohibition of Rebates
(Under Section 41 of Insurance Act 1938)
1. No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or properties, in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy, nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a policy accept any rebate, expect such rebates as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectuses or tables of the Insurer.
2. Any person making default in complying with the provisions of this section shall be punishable with fine, which may extend to five hundred rupees.