Health Insurance in Siliguri
Siliguri is a metro city that connects the areas of Darjeeling and Jalpaiguri district in the state of West Bengal. Popularly known as the ‘Gateway to North East’, Siliguri is famous for tourism, tea, and timber. Apart from this, the medical infrastructure of Siliguri has developed in the last few years. There are many clinics, government and private hospitals having modern facilities. Because of the increased medical expenses and rise in the ailments, many residents have started opting for health insurance in Siliguri.
Health issues and other uncertainties are not in anybody’s control. But, you can prepare yourself by getting a health cover. Getting health insurance is an essential part of financial planning. There are various types of health covers, such as individual and family floater health insurance, critical illness insurance plan, and disease-specific health covers. All you need to do is to assess your healthcare requirements and opt for a health cover at the earliest.
The Need for Health Insurance in Siliguri
The modern lifestyle, increased pollution, and hectic working schedule have made us vulnerable to many ailments. Lack of medical attention can make the ailment to progress into something worse. The increased medical expenses are making it difficult for the common man to pay for medical expenses. Hence, residents should opt for health insurance in Siliguri. A health cover provides medical assistance at the time of emergency.
If you have dependents, you can opt for a family floater health insurance to take care of them. The premium that you pay differs and is based on various factors such as age, profession, and annual income.
Tips to Consider Before Buying Health Insurance in Siliguri
At present, many health insurance companies are offering a similar type of policies. However, it is vital to opt for adequate health cover as per your requirements.
Listed below are some of the tips that should be kept in mind while buying our health insurance Siliguri plans:
- Buy a health policy with a high sum insured
- Opt for a health cover early as this will make you pay lesser premium
- Find the network hospitals near your location
- Learn about the claim settlement ratio
How to Avail Cashless Treatment in Siliguri?
Today, most health insurers offer the facility of cashless treatment in their network hospitals. This facility enables you to make the hospitalisation process simple.
To make the most of this benefit, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Select a network hospital in your area
- Notify the health insurer about your hospitalization within a specified time
- Submit the pre-authorization form along with your signature
- Give all the necessary documents to the health insurance company
- After the submission of documents, the claim management team will raise the query if there is any requirement
- After the approval, the health insurance company will settle the medical bills, as per the policy terms and conditions