Health Insurance in Pune
Pune is a beautiful place for leading a quality lifestyle. The city has a pleasant climate and a cosmopolitan culture. It is a vibrant city in Maharashtra and known as the Cultural Capital of the state. From super-speciality hospitals with qualified medical professionals to diagnostic centres, healthcare facilities in the city are of superior standards. Be it emergency services or preventive check-ups; these facilities provide people the required medical care.
Life in Pune is fast-paced. From working professionals to students, everyone leads a hectic life and becomes prone to poor lifestyle habits. It is the main reason that diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular ailments, etc. are on the rise. If not controlled, these medical conditions can lead to severe complications, which can be stressful for a family. In India, including Pune, getting medical treatment involves a lot of expenses as the treatment may not be just limited to hospitalisation; instead, there are other costs like medication and diagnostic tests. Opting for the best health insurance in Pune is crucial support in emergencies.
Furthermore, cashless health insurance is highly essential as there is no burden of meeting the hospital expenses upon the insured. By availing treatment at any of the many cashless network hospitals in Pune, listed by Religare Health Insurance, you can get cashless treatment and receive prompt claim settlement just by using a health card.
The Need for Health Insurance in Pune
Non-communicable diseases in Pune and many Indian cities are rising steadily. These diseases include hypertension, diabetes, heart problems, and cancer. The primary reason for this is that people are following an unhealthy lifestyle with poor eating habits, lack of sleep and exercise, etc. To a great extent, environmental factors are also responsible for the rise in ailments.
Moreover, as stated earlier, high medical costs can burn a hole in your pocket, which is why planning your finances is necessary. Buying the best mediclaim policy in Pune is therefore recommended as it provides the much-required financial cushion.
A cashless treatment facility hugely benefits those who opt for health plans. A medical emergency can strike at a time when one is least prepared. When a patient is going for emergency hospitalisation, those are tense moments for his or her family members. Thinking about paying hospital expenses can lead to unwanted stress. In such times, health policies come to the rescue.
Furthermore, a cashless treatment facility under the best mediclaim policy in Pune makes things easier. Using such a facility, the policyholders need not face the burden of paying from their pockets. The expenses are borne by the insurer that directly pays the hospital, subject to the policy terms and conditions. To avail of this facility, the insured person must opt for a network hospital of the insurer only.
Tips to Consider Before Buying Health Insurance in Pune
Thorough planning, assessment of healthcare needs, and picking the best insurer from the list of health insurance companies in Pune are some of the steps to follow before opting for a health cover. Here are some factors to consider before choosing a policy:
- Keep in mind factors like age, medical conditions, number of family members, etc.
- Opt for high sum insured to get cover for all your major medical expenses
- Find out the network hospitals which are nearest to your location
- Read about the policy inclusions and exclusions as well as waiting period clause
- Make sure the policy offers you features like lifetime renewability, annual health check-ups, and no claim bonus
- Know the claim settlement ratio of the insurer and the claims procedure.
How to Avail Cashless Treatment in Pune
You can get the cashless treatment facility at any of the insurer’s network hospitals in Pune. The policyholder is required to follow to the below steps:
- Choose any network hospital in Pune for medical treatment
- Inform the insurance company within the specified time
- Submit the duly signed pre-authorisation form at the hospital insurance desk
- Provide all the supporting documents and health card
- After document verification, the claim management team will send an approval
- If required, the claim management team may raise a query
- Upon approval, the medical bills are settled, based on the policy terms and conditions
The claim will be processed by the insurance company, based on the policy terms. The insured must notify the insurer within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalisation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.