Health Insurance in Pondicherry
Pondicherry, officially called Puducherry, is the capital of Union Territory of Puducherry, located in south India. The various heritage buildings and tourist spots depict its remarkable history. The city, today, offers a quality lifestyle for its people. The population has been growing steadily due to the influx of migrants, increasing the demand for quality medical care. With a well-established healthcare system, Puducherry is a medical hub for people of Tamil Nadu.
There are many government and super-speciality hospitals, community health centres and centres for AYUSH treatment, that have facilities of world-class standards. Moreover, the government has been focusing its efforts on preventive and curative health programmes.
Life is undoubtedly fast-paced in urbanised neighbourhoods. Of lately, the city has seen rising incidences of non-communicable diseases arising mainly due to an unhealthy lifestyle. Furthermore, medical inflation has created financial difficulties for families who fund their healthcare needs from their pockets. Thus, it is necessary to get health insurance in Pondicherry, which will serve as a safety net in times of medical emergencies. With cashless health insurance, paying for medical expenses becomes easy.
With several cashless network hospitals in Pondicherry, Religare Health Insurance helps you avail of the best medical treatment without any impact on your savings.
The Need for Health Insurance in Pondicherry
Residents in Pondicherry are mainly affected by the rising number of ailments, such as diabetes, hypertension, asthma, etc. Besides hereditary and environmental factors, poor lifestyle is one of the primary reasons for such illnesses. These medical conditions need to be monitored and treated at an early stage to avoid complications later on.
One may incur hefty medical bills due to prolonged medical care. Medical expenditures are not limited to hospitalisation costs but include a range of other associated expenses. Having a good health cover will provide you additional benefits such as pre-and-post hospitalisation cover, annual health check-ups, and ambulance cover. It will keep you financially secured.
The cashless treatment facility is one of the most significant advantages of health plans since it eliminates the burden of paying medical bills from one’s pocket. Policyholders can easily get admission to a hospital using a health card. In this feature, the health insurance company directly settles the hospitalisation expenses on behalf of the insured, subject to policy terms and conditions. This facility is only available at network hospitals listed by the insurer. It is available both in case of emergency and planned hospitalisation.
Tips to Consider Before Buying Health Insurance in Pondicherry
Buying health plans can be challenging, especially for first-time buyers. Choosing the right health cover becomes easy if you consider these useful tips:
- Assess your medical insurance needs based on factors like age and medical conditions
- Identify the right sum insured so that you get sufficient cover for your medical expenses
- Find out if there are network hospitals near your location
- Look for features like lifetime renewability, alternative treatment cover and no claim bonus
- Check the claim settlement ratio of the insurer and the procedure to file claims
How to Avail Cashless Treatment in Pondicherry?
You can easily avail of the cashless treatment facility under the Health Insurance Pondicherry policies at a network hospital. The steps include:
- Select a network hospital for medical treatment
- Inform the insurer about hospitalisation within the specified time
- Submit the duly signed pre-authorisation form at the hospital insurance desk
- Provide your health card and all the supporting documents
- The claim management team will send an approval after document verification
- In case of any information deficiency, the team may raise a query
- Upon approval, the insurer settles the medical bills, as per policy terms and conditions
The insurer will process the claim, based on the policy terms. The policyholder should contact the insurer within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalisation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.