Health Insurance in Madurai
Madurai is a picturesque city located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu that exhibits an old-world charm through its historical temples and monuments. It has emerged as a prominent industrial and transportation hub. Madurai, the third-largest city in the state, offers superior healthcare facilities for its residents. People from far and wide come to this city for availing medical treatment. The city houses numerous government hospitals, medical colleges, nursing homes, super-speciality hospitals, and private clinics. Equipped with world-class medical facilities, these healthcare centres provide the best medical care for the residents.
There is access to quality healthcare, yet the high cost of medical treatment is a primary reason that many families are facing financial difficulties. Buying health insurance in Madurai is advisable as it will protect you from the burden of paying medical bills from your pocket. One of the significant advantages of health policies is the cashless treatment facility available at network hospitals.
Religare Health Insurance has numerous cashless network hospitals in Madurai where you can avail of quality medical care without worrying about the bills.
The Need for Health Insurance in Madurai
Non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases are on the rise and have affected lakhs of people in the country. People living in the city of Madurai, too, are not free from these health risks. Urban dwellers are prone to poor lifestyle habits like lack of sleep, irregular diet, etc. Besides, vector-borne diseases like Chikungunya are quite common.
Given these risk factors, one cannot ignore the chances of a medical emergency. It is, therefore, wise to invest in health insurance in Madurai that will offer comprehensive protection against medical expenses that go beyond hospitalisation. A medical insurance policy will also provide other benefits such as ambulance cover, annual health check-ups, lifetime renewability, and no claim bonus that prove helpful for a family.
The cashless treatment facility in our Health Insurance Madurai plans is highly convenient for policyholders as it is paperless and quick. Payment of medical bills can be financially stressful, especially during medical emergencies. However, with the cashless feature, a policyholder can quickly get admission and avail cashless treatment at any network hospital using a health card. In this facility, the insurance company directly pays the hospital bills on behalf of the insured, subject to policy terms and conditions. One can avail the cashless treatment at the network hospitals which are listed by the insurer.
Tips to Consider Before Buying Health Insurance in Madurai
Before opting for customised health policy, it is advisable to consider some crucial factors as mentioned below:
- Take into account factors such as age, medical conditions, number of family members, etc.
- Pick the right sum insured to get sufficient cover for your major medical expenses
- Find out if there are network hospitals of the insurer in your location
- Choose a policy with features like lifetime renewability, annual health check-ups, etc.
- Read the policy documents carefully to understand the exclusions and waiting period
- Select a policy from an insurer with the best claim settlement ratio
How to Avail Cashless Treatment in Madurai?
You can avail the cashless treatment facility under our Health Insurance Madurai policies, by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Choose your preferred network hospital for medical treatment
- Inform the insurance company as per the time specified
- Submit the duly signed pre-authorisation letter at the hospital insurance desk
- Provide your health card and all supporting documents
- After verification of documents, the claim management team will send an approval
- The team may raise a query, in case of any information deficiency
- Upon approval, the insurer will settle the hospital bills, as per the policy terms and conditions
The policyholder should notify the insurer within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalisation, and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.