Health Insurance in Lucknow
Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, is known for its culture and flourishing industries. When it comes to the healthcare sector, the city provides quality healthcare to its citizens through numerous government healthcare centres. Besides, there are several medical research institutes, private hospitals, diagnostic centres, nursing homes, as well as maternity care & child care facilities. The city, however, has been facing challenges as several diseases and infections increase the health risks.
A minor health problem can unexpectedly turn into a medical emergency. It is advisable for people living in the city to prepare for such emergencies. It is particularly essential for middle to low-income families. All the financial worries get eliminated if one opts for health insurance in Lucknow.
Religare Health Insurance has several hospitals in its network in Lucknow. Now you can get quality medical treatment at any of the cashless network hospitals in Lucknow and keep the stress about medical bills at bay.
The Need for Health Insurance in Lucknow
People living in the city are prone to vector-borne diseases, namely Malaria, Dengue, and Chikungunya. The cases of flu rise, especially during the monsoon season. People in rural areas are more prone to malnutrition, skin infections, respiratory and lung disorders, etc. Other common ailments are dysentery, tuberculosis, kala-ajar, Japanese encephalitis, etc. Furthermore, the city witnesses extreme air pollution that causes health hazards, including deaths every year. Also, there are non-communicable diseases like hypertension and diabetes, which affect people across the country, including Lucknow.
For people living in the city, it becomes necessary to plan for any medical emergency arising from the factors mentioned above. With Health Insurance Lucknow residents get the right financial cushion that protects their savings in case of emergency hospitalisation.
Many health insurers like Religare Health Insurance offer their customers the facility to file a cashless claim. This facility offers the same convenience that digital payment facilities do when you purchase products at a shop. Using a health card, policyholders can pay for their hospitalisation expenses without having to spend money from their pockets. It helps minimise the stress a family has to go through during a medical emergency. They no longer need to worry about paying the bills.
Under the cashless treatment facility, the insurer directly pays the hospital on behalf of the insured person, subject to policy terms and conditions. However, this facility is available only at the network hospitals listed by the insurer. Thus, there is no need for any paperwork or filing claims for reimbursement under Cashless Health Insurance Lucknow.
Tips to Consider Before Buying Health Insurance in Lucknow
A policy buyer has to undertake a lot of planning before opting for medical insurance so that he or she gets the best health cover. Given below are some factors to consider:
- Estimate your medical needs by considering factors like age, medical conditions, etc.
- Choose a high sum insured amount based on your estimated medical expenses
- Identify the nearest network hospitals of the insurer in your city
- Consider features such as lifetime renewability and no claim bonus in the policy
- Opt for an insurer with an excellent track record and best claim settlement ratio
How to Avail Cashless Treatment in Lucknow?
Availing cashless treatment under health insurance in Lucknow is easy if you adhere to the steps mentioned below:
- Select a network hospital for the medical treatment
- Ensure to inform the insurer about the hospitalisation on time
- Submit the pre-authorisation letter at the hospital insurance desk
- Provide all the supporting documents and health card
- The claim management team will send an approval after verification of documents
- In case of any information deficiency, the team may raise a query
- After approval, the insurer settles the medical bills, as per policy terms and conditions
The insurance company will process the claim request after considering the policy terms. Inform the insurer within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalisation and 48 hours prior to admission in case of planned hospitalisation.