Health Insurance in Cuttack
Cuttack is the second-largest city in the state of Odisha. Also known as the Silver City of India, Cuttack has grown into a prominent business and healthcare hub, catering to the lifestyle needs of the neighbouring areas. Lakhs of people arrive in the city for availing medical treatment. The city houses prestigious medical institutions, speciality hospitals, government-run healthcare centres, and dispensaries that provide the facility of alternative treatment.
Living in a busy city is not easy. Being in a constant race with time, many people are ignoring their health. Any minor ailment can lead to severe complications without timely medical care. Moreover, the rising healthcare costs have been a cause of concern for many middle-income families. Buying health insurance in Cuttack is an ideal solution for protecting one’s savings. Moreover, the cashless treatment facility reduces the hassle of paying medical bills.
Religare Health Insurance has several hospitals in its network in Cuttack. You can avail medical treatment at any of these cashless network hospitals in Cuttack and stay financially protected.
The Need for Health Insurance in Cuttack
There has been a rise in the number of ailments, affecting the young and old alike, due to various factors. For instance, hectic lifestyle accompanied by poor eating habits and lack of exercises has led to lifestyle disorders. Moreover, the poor air quality in the city poses health risks for vulnerable age groups like senior citizens. One should not ignore medical conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, and hypertension. Seeking timely medical care is advisable to prevent complications later.
Without a financial cushion, treatment expenses for such ailments can drain out a family’s savings. With health insurance Cuttack residents can minimise the burden of expensive medical treatment.
Nowadays, cashless payment is preferred everywhere. Even in health insurance, there is a cashless payment facility for paying medical bills. In times of a medical emergency, a family undergoes a lot of stress. Hefty hospital bills can put an additional burden on one’s savings. The cashless treatment facility eases this burden as all the expenses are directly settled by the insurer, subject to policy terms and conditions. Thus, policyholders are not required to spend money from their pockets. They can use a health card and get admitted to any network hospital for cashless treatment.
To avail of this feature under health insurance in Cuttack, the policyholders should get treatment at a network hospital of their insurer only. In the case of getting treatment at a non-network hospital, they can file for a reimbursement claim.
Tips to Consider Before Buying Health Insurance in Cuttack
Buying a health cover involves a clear understanding of one’s healthcare requirements. An individual should consider the following factors before choosing the best health plan.
- Take into account factors such as age, medical conditions, number of family members, etc.
- Go for a high coverage amount that will meet your medical expenditures
- Find out about the nearest network hospitals of the insurer
- Look for features like health check-ups and no claim bonus in your insurance policy
- Read about the policy exclusions so that you can prepare
- Know the claim settlement ratio of the insurer and the procedure to file claims
How to Avail Cashless Treatment in Cuttack
The following are the steps to get cashless treatment:
- Select any network hospital in your city for medical treatment
- Inform your insurer within the specified time
- Submit the duly filled pre-authorization letter at the hospital insurance desk
- Provide all the supporting documents and health card
- After verification of documents, the claim management team sends an approval
- If there is any information deficiency, the claim management team may raise a query
- After approval, the insurer settles the hospital bill, based on the policy terms and conditions
The insurance company processes the claim based on the policy terms. Notify the insurer within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalisation and 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalisation.