What Makes Australia so Popular amongst Indians?
Being home to the world’s leading multinational companies and best educational institutions (1200 best-in-class educational universities offering around 22,000 courses to opt from) along with a myriad of natural wonders like the Great Barrier Reef, Shark Bay, The Pinnacles, and more - Australia has become immensely popular amongst Indians, be it be corporates, students or casual travellers.
What You Must Know about International Travel Insurance before Flying to Australia
While Australia welcomes its tourists with arms wide open, it is mandatory for students to have enough travel health insurance cover before visiting the country for higher education.
Moreover, in general, it is advisable to buy travel insurance before entering Australia. That’s because the standard of living is much higher in Australia. Thus, in case of any medical and/or non-medical exigency, you might have to bear a significant financial burden which can be avoided if you get yourself suitably covered with a travel insurance plan.
There are a plethora of travel insurance products available in the market today, and depending upon the nature of your travel, you can choose the one best suitable for you. While different plans come with different advantages, the most common benefits that find a place in almost all the international travel insurance plans are: -
Non-Medical Benefits -
- No Pre-Policy Check-Up – You don’t need to go through a medical check-up prior to purchasing a travel insurance plan.
- Trip Delay & Cancellation Cover – If your trip gets cancelled due to any unforeseen event—natural or manmade, then the cost incurred is taken care of by the insurer. Further, if the departure gets delayed beyond 12 successive hours due to either of the two factors mentioned above, then the related expenses are covered.
- Loss/Delay in Checked-in Baggage Cover –If your checked-in luggage gets lost while in the custody of the carrier, or there are more than twelve hours of delay in receiving the luggage, then the expenses are taken care of by the insurer.
- Loss of Passport –In a situation where you accidentally lose your passport, the cost for a new or duplicate one is covered under the policy.
Medical Benefits -
- Hospitalisation Cover –If there is a situation of urgent hospitalization, or treatment is required due to an illness or injury during the travel, the insurance plan takes care of the related cost. It includes both In-patient and Out-patient Care along with dental expenses.
- Pre-Existing Disease Coverage –Expenses arising due to the treatment of pre-existing illness in a life-threatening situation; are duly covered by the insurer.
- Medical Evacuation Cover –The cost incurred due to emergency transportation and evacuation services in order to transfer the insured to an appropriate medical facility within the policy network; is taken care of.
- Accidental Death/Permanent Total Disability Cover –Any unfortunate expenses arising out of permanent total disability or death of the insured during the trip are covered under the policy.
Along with the benefits, there are many other advantages that form part of a comprehensive travel insurance plan, like personal liability coverage, up-gradation to business class, and many more. Also, some insurers offer multi-trip travel insurance plans as well, which are predominantly effective for frequent travellers. Hence, it is suggested to consider all your requirements before zeroing on a certain insurance plan as it is your most reliable friend in times of need.
Religare Health Insurance offers affordable international travel insurance plans that are tailor-made to meet varied requirements. Trusted by 5.38 lacs + customers, Religare Health Insurance is the one-stop destination for all your travel insurance-related needs.