Keep These 5 Things in Mind While Selecting a Travel Insurance Policy
Travelling to different places is one of the most relaxing things to do. And with the travel bloggers writing about their ever-so-amazing trips, people are now getting inspired to travel more and more. However, travelling, especially to foreign destinations, requires a lot of planning. One such important point of travel planning is the travel insurance you buy.
Having an international travel insurance policy in place is a smart and sensible choice for many reasons. However, selecting a travel insurance policy can be a little overwhelming as there are a lot of policies available in the market nowadays. But fret not! Here are a few tips that you need to keep in mind while selecting a travel insurance policy.
What is Travel Insurance?
To the uninitiated, travel insurance is a policy which is designed to take care of any mishaps during your travel. This can include trip cancellation, flight delays, loss of luggage, medical expenses incurred and a lot more during your trips, whether domestic or international. Do note that travel insurance is applicable for both holidaying purposes as well as for business trips.
5 Points to Consider While Selecting a Travel Insurance Policy
- Type of Policy: The first thing while selecting a travel insurance policy is to check for how long you need the insurance coverage. Since there are travel insurance policies available for single as well as multiple trips, you must be mindful while making a choice. Multiple trip policies are available for a limited period, so if you already have frequent trips planned within a specific time period, then opting for such multi-trip policies makes sense. Else, a single trip policy should suffice.
- Coverage for Flight cancellation: Cancellation of your flight is not in your hands. If by any chance, due to some unforeseen circumstances, your flight gets cancelled, make sure that the travel insurance policy covers the flight cancellation charges.
- Medical Expenses: Yet another point to consider is whether medical expenses are covered. For example, if you had to get treatment for a pre-existing health condition during your trip, check if your insurance provider covers the same.
- Coverage for Valuable Items: If you are carrying any valuable items like jewellery, extra cash, laptops, and other electronic devices, having a travel insurance policy that covers such items is very important. These are generally available as riders on the main travel policy which come to your rescue in case you lose any valuables.
- Personal Liability: Such is a life that even during travel, there might be instances of unintended damage to third parties, including bodily injuries and property damage. Look for a travel insurance policy which has this covered as well.
The importance of travel insurance is clear as day, yet many tend to ignore it. If you are someone who loves to travel worry-free, then the right travel insurance policy is something that will keep you in good stead throughout your trip.
Religare is one of the leading insurance companies in India which offers travel insurance policies at competitive prices. Our travel insurances are designed to provide comprehensive coverage to travellers be it on domestic or international trips.