The Best Student Travel Insurance Lets You Pursue Your Dreams without Worry
An opportunity to study in a world-renowned university is the most cherished dream for a student. After all, it opens the doors to a successful career in the future. Additionally, the experience of studying in a foreign university is exhilarating because one gets to discover new cultures, languages, and people.
For someone who is miles away from home, there is also a need to be self-reliant in terms of taking care of one’s financial needs. A student travel insurance policy is designed to meet this objective. An illness or injury faced by their child can raise anxiety levels for parents back home. A student travel plan keeps one worry-free as it provides a financial safety cushion during all major medical or non-medical exigencies.
For those who have set their eyes on pursuing education overseas, buying a student travel policy should be one of the first investments to make. They must also devote some time to clearly understand the essential features and benefits in order to avoid any confusion later.
Here’s a complete guide.
What are the Major Features of the Student Travel Plan?
A student travel insurance plan is an insurance cover offered to students who are pursuing or planning to pursue education in a foreign country. The insurance plan is designed to meet the medical and non-medical expenses incurred by them during their stay in the country.
Some key features of travel insurance for students entail:
- Defined cover for medical expenses including in-patient care, out-patient care, medical evacuation, etc.
- Cover for treatment of pre-existing disease in case of the life-threatening condition
- Specific cover for dental expenses due to injury
- Coverage for accidental death, permanent total disablement or permanent partial disablement
- Expenses covered in case of loss or delay of checked-in baggage
- Cover for loss of vital documents like passport and international driving license
- Insurance coverage for repatriation of mortal remains
In addition, a good student travel policy also offers cover in case of personal liability, a compassionate visit by family member, study interruption, sponsor protection, etc.
Who is Eligible to Buy Student Travel Plan?
In order to avail student travel insurance policy, the insured person should meet the following age criteria:
- Minimum age of 12 years and a maximum age of 40 years for entry under the student plan
- Maximum age of 40 years for policy renewal
Tips for Buying Student Travel Plan
- Know about the various plans, compare them and buy online travel insurance which is highly convenient and reliable.
- Pick a plan based on the destination you are travelling to so that it adequately covers various risks.
- Look for the crucial medical cover feature in a plan and check if the sum insured is aligned with the estimated healthcare costs in the destination country.
- Go for a medical check-up to know if you have any specific medical condition that will help you choose a suitable plan accordingly.
Finally, remember to read the exclusions mentioned in the policy document. Some common exclusions include expenses due to:
- Cosmetic surgeries
- Congenital diseases
- Drug use/abuse/misuse or alcohol
- Self-injury/ intentional suicide or attempted suicide
- Hazardous activities, ionizing radiation, etc.
- Breach of law
- War or nuclear consequences thereof
Choose online travel insurance by Religare Travel Insurance and get closer to your goals as you plan to study abroad.