According to the latest data, All India has been lockdown and near about 684 are confirmed cases of coronavirus and a death toll is 12 so far. The Indian government is taking all measures to curtail its spreads. COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and choke the breathing airways. It is an infectious disease that rises rapidly after a slow move in the first few weeks.
How the Coronavirus has spread?
Coronavirus spreads from person to person who comes in close contact with one another through cough or sneezing droplets of the infected person. These droplets can go in the mouth and nose of normal people and get them infected. It has different stages of the spread.
Stage 1- Imported Cases
It is the first stage of spread where infected people from China, Israel, Italy, or other infected countries imported to non-infected countries like India. In this way, it started in India. Unfortunately, we have crossed the first stage.
Stage 2- Local Transmission
It is the second stage where infected people who have travel history transmitted infections to the local people who come in close contacts like family, friends, and colleagues. Currently, India is battling with this stage.
Stage 3- Community Transmission
It is the third stage of the corona spread. In the community transmission, corona blows out from one community to another community in social gatherings, parties, weddings, schools, educational institutions, gyms, workplaces, etc. We are still a few steps away from this stage.
Stage 4- Epidemic
It is the worst stage where it turns as an epidemic like in China, Italy, the US, Israel. The number of infected people getting in lakhs and the death toll has also increased.
How Can You Protect Yourself?
The government of India is working pro-actively to curtail the spread of COVID-19. It has already banned public transportations, aviation, lockdown the cities, and instructed citizens to stay at home.
Additionally, you can also, take the following measures to help each other to fight with this pandemic.
- Follow the hand hygiene; wash your hands with liquid hand wash or soaps.
- Carry sanitizer and also sanitize everything that you get it from the market.
- Clean and disinfect all the touched objects and surfaces in your home.
- Prefer social distancing and go for self- isolation
- Stay and work from home
- Maintain at least three feet distance between you and anyone who is having coughing or sneezing
- Do not hesitate to take the test immediately if experience corona symptoms
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth again and again
- Always cover your mouth with tissue whenever cough or sneeze
- Dispose of the used tissue in a cover bin
- Cover your face with mask whenever go out
- Follow the government instructions seriously
- Buy a comprehensive health insurance
We are about to step into the third stage soon if we do not stand together to reduce the spread of corona. Children, pregnant women, elderly people, and people with a weak immune system are vulnerable to get infected, so all should take the following measures, stay at home and keep yourself and your loved ones protected.
Additionally, you can opt for comprehensive health insurance plans offered by Religare Health Insurance that covers coronavirus.
Therefore, taking all the possible precautions is the only way to halt this chain.