With the Increasing Medical Costs, it is Important to go for an Annual Health Check-Up
Philosopher Gautama Buddha once said that “Every human being is the author of one’s health or disease. This is true in every sense of the word. Irrespective of the fact of how healthy an individual looks, everyone should go for an annual health check-up. Earlier, people only used to visit the doctor when they were sick or suffering from any critical illness. In today’s time, people become cautious as they are aware of the importance of their health. Doctors also recommend going for a health check-up once a year to know whether your body is healthy or not? The annual health check-up can help you assess your current medical condition and tells you if you are at the risk of an ailment. It also advises you to take preventive measures by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. You can avail of the benefit of annual health check-ups if you have bought a health insurance policy from Religare Health Insurance.
Read on to know some of the benefits of annual health check-up:
- It helps in saving money for the long term, which further prevents the chance of getting surgery or any other severe operation.
- It helps the medical practitioner to assess the functioning of different organs of the body.
- It controls the disease in the beginning before it becomes severe.
- Early diagnosis of diseases helps in increasing your lifespan
If you want to go for an annual health check-up, then you should opt for a health insurance policy.
Mentioned below are certain factors that should be kept in mind while opting for this feature:
- Cost of tests: You can go for an annual health check-up at any of the network hospitals if you are above the age of 18 years. Before availing this benefit, make sure to know how much cost will be reimbursed and how much you will be paying.
- Importance of sum insured: The amount of annual health check-up is based on the sum insured. The higher the sum insured, the more test will be added for the yearly health check-up.
For instance, if you have opted for Care from Religare Health Insurance, you can avail of this benefit if you are above 18 years of age. This benefit is only available once during a policy year per member. The medical tests available in annual health check-ups are fasting blood sugar, lipid profile, Electrocardiogram(ECG), etc.
In the case of Super Mediclaim, we offer annual health check-ups from the second year of the health insurance policy on continuous coverage at any of the network hospitals in India. This benefit can be availed once in a year per insured person.
Annual health check-ups can help in assessing any health issue before they become severe. This helps in getting the right treatment early without making it further complicated. With the help of advanced healthcare services, screenings, and treatment, you are taking a step forward to live a healthier life.
Some of the standard tests that are covered under the annual health check-up are ECG, thyroid profile, urine test, etc. You can opt for a cashless health check-up in the network hospital only. To avail this facility, you need to visit the hospital and provide your policy details.
It is always said that prevention is better than cure; then why to think so much? Opt for a health insurance policy now.