How does Health Insurance for Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Work?
The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. It’s true, that we cannot predict the uncertainties of our lives, but the only thing we humans can do is, stay strong and fight back. As the World Diabetes Day is approaching, it reminds us that life is not a promise that every moment should be cherished, but it is also not the end. Changing lifestyle, eating habits, work pressure, and more are taking a toll on our health. They are giving rise to chronic diseases like diabetes, which is impacting us physically and financially. It is also known as the silent killer that increases the chances of hospitalization. The cost of hospitalization, treatments, and medication are skyrocketing and can swallow all your savings.
So, if you or your loved one is diagnosed with insulin-dependent diabetes, a comprehensive health insurance plan is a better way to stay protected. We’ll take you to all that you should know about Health Insurance for Insulin-Dependent Diabetes.
What is Insulin Dependent Diabetes?
It is also called Type-1 Diabetes or juvenile diabetes. It is a chronic condition where the pancreas either produces little insulin or no insulin. It appears during childhood or adolescence. It has no cure but, a healthy lifestyle, insulin intake, healthy diet, and proper medication can help patients to prevent further complications.
Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Health Insurance and its Eligibility
It is a specialized insurance plan that provides coverage for the expenses that incur during the treatment for insulin-dependent diabetes or type-2 diabetes. Any diabetic patient aged between 18 to 65 years are eligible to buy diabetes health insurance.
Benefits of Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Health Insurance
Diabetes is a chronic disease that not only affects the pancreas but also affects the other parts of the body such as eyes, kidneys, liver, and heart. Thus, it’s better to treat it well and take proper medication before it turns to worst. Read its more benefits below:
- Adequate sum insured could be enough to meet the hospitalization expenses
- Cover for pre-existing disease
- Covers the expenses related to room, nursing, doctors’ fees, medication, and ambulance
- Cashless treatment with the network hospitals near to your residence
- Bear out-patient expenses such as doctor consultation, diagnosis and medicines
- Compensation for accidental death of the insured person
- Provide daycare treatment
- Offer free annual health check-up
How to Choose the Right Health Insurance for Type-1 Diabetes?
If you are diabetic or you want to buy health insurance cover for your family member or parents then you should consider the following things:
- Check whether it covers the cost of a doctor’s consultation. So that it will be easier for you to consult with the best doctor.
- Make sure that it also bears all the diagnostic expenses
- The diabetes health plan should also cover the cost of medicines so that you or your family member can get the best medicine
- Check the list of the network hospitals of the insurance companies
- Compare the premiums of different health insurance companies by using the premium calculators online
- Check the terms and conditions properly for pre-existing disease and co-payment
Therefore, people living with high blood sugar know that this disease interferes with their daily lives. But, understanding your medical bills, best doctors’ consultation, and cut down on prescription costs can be overwhelming. Leading insurance companies like Religare Health Insurance help you to get the best coverage and save you from unnecessary medical debt. So, be positive, be insured, and do not let diabetes stand in the way of enjoying your life.