Importance of Health Insurance for Students
An adequate health insurance policy plays a vital role in taking care of your healthcare expenses. With the increasing medical expenses, getting hospitalized can be an expensive affair. Today, getting health insurance has become a priority not only for working professionals; but also for students. Some college students remain dependent on their parent’s health insurance policy while some are willing to opt for their health insurance plan.
Opting for health insurance is an important decision; hence, it should be an informed one. It is important for college students and those who are recently graduated to know what benefits they can avail. It is mainly because of the lack of awareness of student health insurance plans in India that end up paying a higher premium.
If you are looking for health insurance for students, then this guide will help you to opt for the right health insurance plan. You can opt for Care-comprehensive health insurance coverage for an individual from Religare Health Insurance.
Read on to know the benefits that a health insurance cover offers:
- Hospitalization expenses: In this health insurance cover, you can get in-patient care if the hospitalization is for 24 hours. In this case, we will pay the maximum up to the sum insured for the expenses that are incurred by you. This includes room charges to operation theatre charges that form a part of hospitalization.
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses: Sometimes, costs such as consultation fees and investigative tests can burn a hole in your pocket. In this case, we will cover the necessary expenses up to the sum insured for at least 30 days before the date of hospitalization.
- While in case of post-hospitalization expenses, these include follow-ups, medication, and confirmatory tests that are incurred by you for 60 days after you are discharged from the hospital.
- Daily allowances: Visiting a doctor involves several non-medical expenses like transport. In this benefit, you will get a fixed lump sum amount for each day of hospitalization till five consecutive days so that you can meet your expenses.
- Second opinion: If you are not sure about the diagnosis, we will even provide you with a second opinion. This is available to every policyholder for each major and minor illness once in policy tenure.
- Ambulance cover: This is one of the most important benefits that you need in case of an emergency. You might only need to pay for a certain amount per hospitalization for expenses that you incur on this facility offered by the hospital.
Student life is crucial as they tend to explore a lot of things in life, especially if anyone is planning to move out of the city for studies where they get a chance to meet new people. It is advisable to plan some things; hence, be sure to opt for a health insurance policy as it covers you against an unforeseen event.
If you have just joined the college or if you already a college-goer who does not want to be dependent on parent’s health insurance, then care is an ideal choice for you.