Know about the Different Rare Diseases and their Symptoms
Rare diseases are ailments that affect only a small number of individuals. They are characterized by a number of symptoms that may differ from one person to another. These diseases are caused by environmental factors and genetic mutations. Mostly, these diseases are genetic and they are present throughout an individual’s life. At present, there is no effective treatment for rare diseases.
In this article, we will tell you about some of the rare diseases, their symptoms and why opting for critical illness insurance is a must.
1. Multiple sclerosis: In this medical condition, the immune system affects the brain and the spinal cord. It causes communication issues between the brain and other parts of the body. Further, it can lead to permanent damage to the nerves. There is no cure for this medical condition. However, treatment can help in improving the recovery and control symptoms.
The symptoms of this condition may differ from one person to another. Some of the symptoms witnessed in this condition are numbness in one of the limbs that mainly happens on one side of the body, improper coordination, and electric shock sensations that happens in neck movements.
2. Aplastic anemia: This is a rare and serious medical condition that can evolve at any age. It can appear suddenly, or it can develop gradually and may become worse with time. Aplastic anemia occurs when the body is not able to make sufficient new blood cells. The condition can be treated by taking medicines, blood transfusions, or stem cell transplants.
You may experience some of the common symptoms such as tiredness, difficulty in breathing, and skin rashes.
3. Parkinson’s disease: This medical condition is a disorder that affects body movements. The symptoms of this disease may vary from one individual to another. It has been found that this disease mainly affects 1% of the population above the age of 60 years.
Some of the common symptoms experienced by this condition are slow movements, tough muscles, changes in speech, etc.
4. Benign brain tumor: These tumors are defined as a group of cells that do not follow normal cell division and growth patterns. The main cause of this condition is not known; but, family history can be one of the common causes.
Problems in vision, hearing issues, and nausea are some of the symptoms of this medical condition.
5. Pulmonary hypertension: This type of high blood pressure mainly affects your arteries in the lungs and right side of the heart. In some cases, this condition may get worse with time. At present, there is no cure for this medical condition.
Difficulty in breathing, chest pain, and swelling in the ankles are some of the symptoms of this condition.
Why Opt for Critical Mediclaim from Religare Health Insurance
The severity of the above mentioned medical conditions can be extremely serious which may affect your savings. In this situation, getting a health insurance policy is of great help. A comprehensive health insurance plan like Critical Mediclaim is a worth buy as it acts as a financial cushion if you are diagnosed with any of these ailments.
You may opt for Critical Mediclaim from Religare Health Insurance that takes care of your health without putting a dent on your savings. You can also avail tax benefits as per the Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.